Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The POWER of Optical

From an e-mail from Gil Catino in Wilmington:

Peter,

We crossed a daily sales threshold at the Porters Neck office yesterday that could not have been done without a stellar optical day. For the past 8 years since I graduated I have concentrated on the professional side of practice and have given very little thought into the optical side. After seeing first hand sales what a practice can do with a great optical, it has made me realize how important our job is to provide our patients with good quality eye wear along with their professional exam. I have made a commitment to myself, my patients, and the Bottom Line to improve and provide the best optical service I can in each office I practice. I am glad the organization is committed to providing training to each a every staff member to continue to improve our optical as a group. I am off to Washington on Tuesday ready to come back with some ideas to make our big optical days more of an occurrence. I really do see how a little of time spent in the lane giving recommendations gives huge paybacks to a practice's daily sales. I have really been missing the boat for all these years, believe me that will change.

Gil

No comments:

Post a Comment