Speaking with Chris Padgett, OD at the Doctors meeting he shared with me what he uses his business cars for. He gives one to each of his patients ("I go through a lot of business cards!") and asks them to refer their friends and family. They might do that anyhow but asking may make this more successful.
I've been an advocate of giving each patient a business card at the conclusion of an examination saying something like this:
"I am personally responsible for everything that happens (or does not happen!) in this office. And we try hard to make certain that we meet or exceed your expectations. If for some reason we ever fail to do that I'd like you to contact me personally so that I can correct whatever it is that has occurred."
My business card has both my DVC E-mail address as well as my cell phone number. I want any patient with an issue to be able to contact me directly. If a patient is unhappy with anything in my office I am confident that I can correct the problem about 99% of the time. I am not going to worry about the 1% that I can't help -- but I WILL try.
Who is the captain of your ship, the CEO of your office?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment